8.29.2007

so what took ya so long?

Goodness. So much going on that my ode to rubberstamps had to wait a touch longer than I'd anticipated. What, might you ask (if you don't care you may skip this part...I promise I will understand), contributed to my absence...well, work for one. The folks that pay me come first. Then a few other highlights, namely, my sister and father's birthday in the same week. Keith shooting some spots in Dallas and leaving Akira's tail watch to me. Did I ever mention her tail issues? I can't recall. In short, she chews it until that particularly vascular part of her body begins to bleed and then she wags it spraying blood all over my walls so it looks like a grisly crime scene. Does it hurt her? No, as a result of an accident several years ago, she has no feeling in it. Poor pup. Poorer me. Alas, she has to wear that horrible cone thingie, and I have to be on aforementioned tail watch.

So...that being said, I have been longing to write my ode ever since I promised it. The thing is...I love stamps...wood mounted, unmounted, acrylic. I find them to be the most versatile little bits of heaven. I don't like cleaning them though. But I always do. Always. Here are some that are getting quite a bit of action as of late...


That's very much my way. I tend to use the same 10 or so stamps over and over until I move on. I also tend to use the same color inks over and over. Brilliance anything is a current fave, especially their little dew drops. Vibrant color and quick drying. What else could a girl ask for.


I also thought I'd include some of my favorite stamp projects. I'm pretty basic, cards, tags, monograms. I'm a rubberstamping minimalist. I'm not a fancy stamper. I don't go collage crazy...although I fancy collage...well...Lisa Congdon style anyway. I don't stamp on many surfaces beside paper. I can't bring myself to do it, but I have seen it done with lovely results...just not my thing. I don't contribute to Somerset Studio, but I do find it wonderfully chock full of inspiration and pretty pictures. Despite that...I do love stamps as much as that person who does do all of those things with her stamps...I just haven't unlocked my true stamping potential. But, I'm loving the journey...

till next time

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tags. Where did you get that butterfly one? I love it!

Sherri said...

Love the projects...I'm fast becoming a stamp addict too much to the distress of my storage options LOL