6.23.2009

speaking of needles and hooks...


i haven't been this into hexagons since 10th grade geometry...or was that 9th grade? I searched and searched the webosphere for a pattern that I liked and turned up very little. It seems the pattern used was from a book that is sadly out of print...and in Japanese so...there it is. I was resigned to the fact that I would have to figure this one out and then one last google turned up this gem which has been tested and retested with very nice results. So it seems my love of paper has been temporarily replaced with my love of yarn...those two are constantly jockeying for position.

In other news, I made it through my first week of outside work which combined totaled 8 whole hours. It was nice...some things fell easily into place while others required more attention. I am enjoying being out among the living and good solid air conditioning. Amazingly, I have yet to make a single purchase, but walking around the store reminds me of how much I love PS product. I thought it might be fun to highlight some of my favorites and how I use them. Would you be up for that? I think Saturday would be a nice day to start so look for that this Saturday.

I feel kinda bad that I haven't even opened my most recent Studio Calico box...I really want to get my photos printed and into some sort of book. I so enjoyed my visitors that I am anxious to record the many memories we made. The worst thing about digital photography is the printing aspect. I have so many pictures just waiting to get off my hard drive...I wonder, how do you do it? How often do you print, or do you just print what you intend to scrapbook? If you are not a scrapbooker, what do you print...everything? nothing? I am looking for a better solution then storing on dvd's...I want to be able to enjoy my pictures...not necessarily scrapbook them, but something more...

4 comments:

Diana Chen Thorburn said...

I'm religious about printing pictures. I have this idea that if all the oil runs out we won't have anything to power our computers and... we won't have access to our photos, no matter how carefully we've backed them up.
I tend to print photos specifically for layouts, which are often sized and cropped (for collages, etc.). Then the better photos of any lot I do regular 4x6 prints of for my archival albums. Those will just stay there for posterity, and probably won't go into a scrapbook.
Because of my system, I spend a lot of time working on photos, but it's super important to me, so it's time well spent. If you let them pile up it can be overwhelming though, and hard to get started. Right now I'm pretty well caught up, so it's just a half hour or so for each batch of new photos that I take (and DH and I take A LOT of photos) and it doesn't seem so onerous.
I can't wait to see some scrapbook pages from you (especially with your SC kit) so hurry up and get your photos organized!

bananafish said...

i think I just need to block some time and just start printing. I'm sure I'd be a more prolific scrapbooker if I had more pics on hand.

Anonymous said...

I have to say this is one drawback of everything digital. I have lost a lot of pictures due to lack of proper organization on my computers, past and present. My problem is that I want to edit everything in PS and make it perfect before I print. Seriously, I need to get over that! I made a commitment recently to just upload to the Costco Photo Center and pick up my prints! Good luck to both of us!

bananafish said...

omg...pam...you and I are so alike in that respect...I always feel the need to lighten, brighten and tweak EVERYTHING...I need to get over it too...seriously, or I'll never get anything done:)