3.29.2010

a little insight....

as to why I am the way I am. My mother sent me this:

BITCHOLOGY

When I stand up for
Myself and my beliefs,
They call me a
Bitch.

When I stand up for
Those I love,
They call me a
Bitch.

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts
Or do things my own way, they call me a
Bitch.

Being a bitch
Means I won't
Compromise what's
In my heart.
It means I live my life MY way.
It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.

When I refuse to
Tolerate injustice and
Speak against it, I am
Defined as a
bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for
myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.

It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and
won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I 'should' be...

I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing
wrong with that!
So try to stomp on me, just try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce
of beauty I hold within me.
You won't succeed.

And if that makes me a bitch ,so be it.
I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.


thanks for the reminder mom, and thanks for teaching me to be both tough and
tender.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Wow your mom is one cool lady.

I love your new blog header/design. Very clean.

I wanted to tell you that your comment made my day--I think my blog is a bit silly, so to hear YOU say it's inspiring is more of a compliment than you probably realize.

dianna said...

Love that SO much...unfortunately it is SO true also!

They call men ambitious, daring, bold, and fearless for the same things.

{I DON'T love that!}