9.21.2010

new minibooks


I made the decision several months ago to make some changes to my "project minibooks." The previous design was heavy on patterned paper and stickers. Lots of labels and other words and images created to coordinate with the books. I liked them, but wanted something that was just as much journal as it was miniature scrapbook.

I wanted to make a book that I would buy. A book that had a really good foundation upon which I could build. An art journal I would love and more importantly....complete. That meant a strong cover that I could possibly customize. Colorful patterned papers mixed with some geometric neutrals. A nice selection of simple lined papers for plenty of writing and the fun bits that make a mini unique. Of course I would continue using binder rings for easy rearranging and while I wanted to keep some stickers, I wanted to avoid sticker overkill so I decided to include just a few basic labels in a variety of shapes and sizes.

The result:



I am very happy with the new minis. Everything from the cover to the stickers are made using the best supplies. The better quality is reflected in the new price, but don't worry, I kept them compact and affordable.

2 comments:

Malou said...

Yay!!! I love them. Can't wait to get them!! Malou

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I love this new kit! So excited about the re-opening of your shop!