2.21.2012

What's a CardCreator?

Thanks for asking;) It's a new Digital Set that allows you to create and customize your own journal cards from the ground up. You can keep it simple or get creative making cards complete with your own color palette, text, and photos. The great thing is, you can make cards for your own personal projects that fit your style.




Here's a look at the card I created once it's been printed.


 By the way, I've received a few emails asking me what paper I recommend and my typical response is...use what works best with your printer. For me, I have an older HP and I normally use Waste not Paper (that's the Paper Source brand) or Neenah for paper printing and Staples brand double-sided Matter Paper for Digi Items...and the good stuff for actual photos...which means I use the photo paper made for my HP printer.

Edited to add:  I used the Staples brand Matte Photo Paper to print that card. Also, In regard to adding a drop shadow in PS Elements...this might help.


8 comments:

Linda said...

this looks so cool!

Did you print this onto white cardstock? (I'm asking because its a digital element but it includes a photo.) I'm always worried that printing photos onto cardstock will leave the photo looking dull....

this is just amazing. awesome tutorial too by the way!

Danielle G. said...

I can't wait for this kit to be released! Thank you - it looks like so much fun. Do you know how to add a drop shadow (I think that's what you called it) in PSE? When I double-click a layer it only allows me to rename the layer; there's no large box with options like adding shadows, etc.?

bananafish said...

Hi Linda! Thanks so much. I printed that out on the Staples brand Matte photo paper using the matte photo paper setting on my printer. The photo looks great on it.

bananafish said...

Hi Danielle,

There's definitely a way. I found this link but I don't know if it works with the current version. Let me know.

http://www.alibony.com/pse/122208shadow.htm

Jenelle Matson said...

I am wondering if these will work with lightroom?

bananafish said...

Hi Jenelle,

To my knowledge, Lightroom does not currently support PNG files. I'm guessing it's because Lightroom is a photography application and was never meant to deal with graphics and the like. I'm sorry:(

Tina said...

very very cool.

Tristine Fleming said...

Where can you find/download this program? Please let me know via email: tristinedenise at live dot com. thanks!