10.05.2007

what is a "bananafish?"

I received an email recently from a kind blog reader who wanted to know what exactly is "bananafish studio"... she assumed it was just the title of my blog, so I've decided to share a bit more about my professional endeavors.

In addition to being a fictional character from the brilliant mind of Mr. Salinger, Bananafish is also the name of a small, but busy design studio I started over five years ago. I do everything from logos and corporate stationery to promotional/direct mail pieces with a preference for the small to mid-size business sector. The other side of Bananafish...the side that will be introduced in the coming months in the form of my new website is the "special event" side.

I love correspondence....simple, stylish...beautiful pieces of stationery. I spent the last few years working for one of the most beloved invitation/paper companies in the country. Working for myself has been wonderful. Having the ability to design unique pieces for amazing people has been the cream. My style can best be described as simple and clean. I don't like a great deal of fuss. I like to focus on the details. I love to tell stories. I love that it allows me to contribute, albeit in a very small way, to so many happy occasions.

click photo to enlarge

Do you just do weddings? I get that question all the time and the answer is no. I do mostly weddings, but I also do birth announcements, charity functions, corporate events, birthday parties, bar and bat mitzvahs....I do anything that people care to celebrate.

So, that's it. That's what I do. I also do about a million other things like scrapbooking, stamping, cardmaking, painting...unforunately, there just isn't enough time in the day for all the stuff I want to make:)

No comments: