8.22.2008

good things • stuff

I am a collector of things. Pretty, inexpensive, relatively useless things. My home is filled with "stuff" that I can't live without, like the adorable folk art plate I got on sale at anthropologie or the clean white vase I picked up at Ikea. There is comfort to be found in the old potholders my grandmother crocheted for me one Christmas, and the oddly stuffed cushion I made when I was just a little girl. Although they are material, I have a deep love for my tattered little things. We all have them...those priceless possessions that perhaps nobody loves but us. The objects that, when grouped together, tell a fascinating story of who we are and where we've been. Take a look around your home today and if you blog or keep a journal, dedicate an entry to the little things that make you smile.

Here are 3 Good Things that I have recently added to my wishlist:

click image to enlarge

I adore World Market. Not only do they carry my favorite swiss vanilla wafers, but these adorable french country rooster dishtowels make me happy. I also think it's great that they have recently teamed up with NOVICA in an effort to support and preserve traditional artisan skills around the world.

I have also been obsessed with mobiles ever since Keith showed me an amazing installation piece for BMW that consisted of silver balls attached to mono filament and controlled by computers. Although I had heard of them before, I came across this Flensted mobile on my cousin's website. I just love how simple and clean they are.

The lovely little bird necklace is something I've been wanting for a while. I think it's amazing how this artist uses reclaimed silver to create such a wide array of mini masterpieces. I want them all.

Enjoy and have a great weekend:)

No comments: