11.26.2008

roadtrips and trees

So, I am off to enjoy a few days of fine family fun. Looking forward to it since this may be the last time we are all together for a little while. Don't want to get all weepy...but this girls voice is making me bawl. Makes me think of my grandfather and how much I miss him.

One of my favorite memories is unpacking all the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving while my mom baked and my grandfather and I would dance. He was over 6 feet so it was awkward...but fun, oh so fun.

On to happier fare...






don't know why but I'm really into Christmas trees right now. In addition to the idea on my previous post, I found two more ideas here. I love that these would work if you're going low budge this year or just don't have the space or time to do it up big. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few of these of varying sizes in different areas? My furniture won't arrive until the 15th so that will give me enough time to try at least one of these ideas.

No comments: