10.24.2009

one down


so today marks my first week in Seattle. It was about this time 7 days ago that we were picking up our rental car and making our way to what was to be our home for the next two weeks. During that time we have:

started 1 job
received our actual car
given the dog a bath
completed two books
had a few chai's
eaten a yummy thai dinner
experienced PMS
lived without Tivo
watched the sun set everyday
and counted our blessings

Not bad for week one.

Next week I start work again. I'm okay with that. I decided before leaving Atlanta that, because of my esty shop, I would not be taking on any new clients. That means I only have a few things I need to take care of with my existing clients and then I will begin the process of preparing my shop for a mid November update, which may or may not become an end of November update. I feel a little sad about the shop because I was picking up some serious momentum when I had to go on hiatus for the move, but I do have to admit that the break has led to some small insights that may enhance my overall process. I will also be returning to teaching workshops...more on that later. Forgive all those run-on sentences...I prefer to be a bit more conversational on the blog rather than worry about grammar.

A few pics from my Friday and our Saturday:





4 comments:

Diana said...

Workshops! Yay! Those photos could make a great scrapbook page ;)

elizabeth rosemond said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Caffe Ladro. We don't have one on the Eastside :(

bananafish said...

hey elizabeth...It's my new favorite. You're welcome to come and join me for a chai:) What's considered the eastside?

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

please email me when your shop returns. i liked it!
stephanie