7.23.2009

buttons on the brain


it's been mighty crazy. I guess I didn't expect the buttons to be so popular, but they were and I didn't make nearly enough. I received several emails requesting different combinations...a few I already thought of and others were delightful combos that I hadn't even considered. I'm also making a few more mini's with a twist. I will be updating the store on Monday, August 3rd and it will include new button combo's, a couple more mini's and some other cute additions I've been dreaming up.

In other news, I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a Yudu. I have a very good connection who can get it for me for half the price. Hmmm...yes, no, will I use it? Paper Source now carries it as well as the supplies, but I still have a brand new Gocco gathering dust in its almost never used before box.

Well...I will try and pop back in and do a weekend post...I still have to take a few pics of the mini journal I'm currently working on. I have to say, the great thing about the smaller scale is not feeling the need to fill things up. Allowing things to stand alone. Less fuss. Simplicity. A specific point of view. I like that. I think instead of sharing links to some of my favorite mini's as I have been known to do, I think I will share some of my own. Not the best...but beloved all the same.

That's my goal next week. I will devote what small amount of extra time I have next week to a "me" project. Not sure how that will shake out...but you'll be the first to know:) My inspiration:
this book, I've been taking surreptitious peeks at work. SSShhh, don't tell.

BTW: if you love paper + pretty packaging as much as I do you must check this out.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Please, tell me a little more about "5". Right now I am in dire need of some inspiration and I've re-read my Tolle and my Tao of Pooh and nothing is coming. Could this be the book (and inspiration) that I need...? (I'm very into serendipity in this way--last year it came in the form of a sweet little book called "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and it landed in my lap at the perfect time.)

bananafish said...

"5" is a great little book that is based on... where will you be five years from today? It asks a variety of thought provoking questions, and has many inspirational quotes. It's not particularly deep, but I love it, the words, the very idea of it. It even has spots for journaling. If you feel like getting a little introspective it's a nice book...and I love the bold typography + layout:)

Diana said...

I ordered it! Can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Compendium books. I have a few but this one looks awesome. So much can happen in five years, it would be great to have a plan and really think about it. It's in my cart at Amazon. Thanks for the hot tip!

Diana said...

Just got my book. Love it already even though I'm only about 4 pages in!