8.31.2009

even martha likes minis

image found here

minibooks that is. I am working on some new ones for the shop update next week. I don't have an exact date yet, but soon.

In other news...I have finally finished the entire Twilight series. Even though I bought it a while ago, I kept putting off reading the final book. I guess I knew that as soon as I started I wouldn't be able to stop. I have to say, it was not what I expected. I really enjoyed it and am kind of sad it's over. Luckily my mom just sent me 10 new books so I have plenty to keep me occupied. Reading fast came in handy while I was in school, but these days I wish I could just slow it down. As it is I only read at bedtime. I really need to follow my sister's example and utilize my local library...I just haven't found it yet. I know, that's terrible, you'd think with as much as I like libraries in general I would have discovered what this city has to offer in the way of literary delights...but so far, I've only made it to Borders.

Anyway...I'm expecting more software in the mail this week. I kind of splurged and got the new adobe creative suite 4 design premium. I couldn't upgrade since I have literally been working with CS this whole time. I had CS3, but it wasn't compatible with my system...and I didn't want to install it into the new computer because the issues with snow leopard, which I don't have but may upgrade to shortly. Anyhow, it just gives me a headache. I should have just got the computer loaded with everything, but I'm cheap and can't ever do things the easy way.

So, as I say farewell to August I can't help but feel giddy that fall is quickly approaching. Hooray for cider, pumpkin lattes, changing leaves, the new season of Dexter, boots, scarves, crocheting up a storm and all the wonderful autumn craftiness.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Such a lovely idea, the mini-book!

And you make autumn sound so fun... I'm mourning the loss of hot hot summer, but I guess there's something to look forward to: new seasons on TV, the foliage, spending rainy days with good movies, comfort food, books, getting started with new projects.