9.01.2009

aka the gateway month

Welcome September, and yes, I do refer to you as the gateway month. Why? Well... growing up it was always the month I had to get through to make my way to October, my favorite of all 12 months. It was quite literally the gateway to my birthday, the day, and month really that my mom and grandfather spent making the most of me. Now that I'm older the celebration has become considerably more toned down. Hopefully September will forgive my youthful desire to hurry it along. As a means of making amends I vow to cherish September from this day forward...to cherish that final bit of warmth and sunshine and all the surprises it holds...because before I know it, it'll be gone.

My first bit of September celebration begins with this little giveaway:

click image to enlarge

Feel free to download these lovely labels and use them how you see fit. I like to print them on sticker paper so they're ready to go when I need them, but plain old white paper will do as well.

Here's how they will look once you print them out:




And don't forget to hang on to those bits of sticker paper that went unused. They are perfect for small stamps and such:




Here's one of my labels all ready to go:



3 comments:

Diana said...

Hmmm... I don't think there's a month I feel any special way about except for December and January for the obvious reasons.
Anyway, I am not yet into labels but I've got to tell you yours are lovely and have reminded me how talented you are.

Tina said...

omgoodness..those labels are so cute! I'll have to get some sticker paper. thanks!

Laura said...

I think all grown-ups should have a "when-I-was-a-kid" birthday at least one more, where you get all the special treatment you used to get!