8.28.2014

Get Messy | August 28th

It's been slow going this summer. My attentions have been divided between work, the shop, and typical summer extracirculars...like catching up on House of Cards and drinking lots of Prosecco. It had been a couple months since I touched my art journal even though I would tell myself everyday to make time for it. I just wasn't feeling it and then I started noticing the "Get Messy" hashtag on Instagram. I was super inspired not to mention hooked. When Caylee gave me a chance to get in on the action I was excited. It was just the push I needed to get back into it.

My first layout also happens to combine this month's prompt:

Journal challenge: Who are you? If you had one page to show the world who you are what would you put on it?
Art challenge: Use anything except an actual photo of yourself to make a self portrait.



I chose to interpret the idea of portrait by using a question mark as my base and filling it with images that are a part of me, but not my face. Some are pretty obvious...others are more obscure. The conclusion is that I'm still a work in progress...a delightful combination of the things and people I love.

I kept things super simple and just used white cardstock, some gesso and watercolors and the pictures...that's it.


Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal

.....................................................................................................................................................................

1 comment:

Elizabeth Rosemond said...

LOVE IT! I'm approaching 40 and I still feel like I'm a total work in progress.
I can't wait to get started with Get Messy next week!