9.04.2014

Get Messy | September 4th

 It rained super hard Tuesday night...a thunderous short lived power rain. It suddenly occurred to me...it's September. I feel like this is the time of year when everything just moves fast. I think that's a side effect of getting older. The world just moves at lightning speed which makes me feel a contrary need to slow everything down. I wish my favorite books lasted an extra chapter or two, I wish my favorite shows included a few more episodes...i feel the need to stop and really see things, hear things and eat up every minute, but time waits for no man and as the poem goes...
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.
                       

 I kinda wish I wrote that poem out on my journal page, but I thought of it after I made the layout. I woke up Wednesday morning to big fat glorious raindrops on all of my roses. The sun was shining and the drops were sparkling and I got in there and took a super close-up. I have two journals going right now...a simple moleskine and another larger book. I intend to use them both interchangeably. I like this little one for more simple entries vs the messier ones.








This particular spread is pretty simple. Since the Moleskine pages are pretty thin, I glue them together and I avoid any water or paint directly on the paper itself. On the left page I just cut up some paper..inspired by these fun raindrop images. On the right, I just included my super close rose pic. You can see the raindrops up close...but from a distance it just looks like a cloud of color. I layered the picture on a paint swatch...I knew I stole those for something:) shhh, don't tell.


Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal

BTW...if you're interested, I restocked the shop today!

11 comments:

I heart thee coffee said...

I love the simplicity, they look lovely. Your close-up of the rose is so pretty. Plus I'm a sucker for clouds and raindrops :) x

Jossie Posie said...

such pretty pages France! I enjoy seeing your pages every week!

Violetta said...

Love the colors and layering of this! Absolutely super! :)

Michelle said...

Can't help but agree about speeding up/slowing down. I've found that to be true recently too. I love the balance in design on these pages!

Kathleen | ScatteredConfetti said...

Love your pages! I created one with raindrops last week, as well :D

Eliza said...

Simple and beautifully laid out. I really enjoyed reading your post too :)

Sarah Maddox said...

So sweet and beautiful pages. I love these. www.lilalovessand.blogspot.co.uk

Sarah Maddox said...

I love these sweet and lovely pages. Gorgeous.

Vanessa said...

LOVE! Simple, colorful,makes me happy.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow! Great poem!
I'm going to have to use that on page w/ a photo of my roses!
It's so true w/ roses and, unfortunately, in life generally!
Still a great poem though!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Lauren said...

Those raindrops are gorgeous!